The aim of our Live Liverpool course is to increase your confidence in using English in real-life situations. You will also develop your understanding and experience of UK life and culture. This course is ideal for those who want to focus on their speaking and listening skills and enjoy active learning. Live Liverpool takes the learning outside the classroom and gives you the opportunity to explore the city as you practise and improve your English. Our teachers accompany you around the city as you complete carefully designed, fact-finding activities which require you to engage with the people of Liverpool. Through real conversations your active listening skills will be developed as you are exposed to a wide range of topics, accents and levels of formality. Some lessons are taught in the classroom in order to prepare for an activity, practise new language or revise target language and check progress. Topics and themes include:
- Music in the city
- Sporting Liverpool
- Urban regeneration
- International Liverpool
- People watching
- Modern and Classical Art
- Maritime Liverpool
This course can be studied on its own (6 lessons) or as part of a General English course.
|1pm - 3pm||On location:Reading and speaking: Finding out about Liverpool’s music history on the famous Matthew Street.||In School:Listening and Pronunciation: Native speaker pronunciation and connected speech.||On location: Speaking and Vocabulary: Talking about thoughts and feelings on music.|
- £75 per week
This course can also be studied as an elective as part of one of our General English Courses. Please see our General English courses for more information on prices.
- All course books and materials (students studying 1-4 weeks will receive a loan book)
- International student Insurance
- Access to the LSe-Learning online platform to keep developing your skills outside the classroom. This is valid for one year from the start of the course
- Access to our fantastic Social Programme (please see page for prices)
- All General English, Examination and Work Experience Courses include up to 3 free support classes per week
- Certificate of Attendance on completion of the course
Extra Course Fees:
- Registration Fee £50
- CAS Fee (For non-EU students applying for a Tier 4 General Student Visa) £21 (subject to change) *
- Courier Fee £75 (For students who require a hard copy of their visa letter for their visa application) *
*these fees are dependent on the type of Visa the student has
There will be no lessons on the following UK public holidays and there is no discount in fees:
- 14 April 2017
- 17 April 2017
- 1 May 2017
- 29 May 2017
- 28 August 2017
I want to study for only 6 hours, but I’m not sure this is the right course for me?
I would like to study this course but I also want to prepare for my IELTS exam, is this possible?
Yes you can do our IELTS Preparation + General English (Full-Time) course with an afternoon elective