1. We are the city with fresh air
Liverpool is an extremely walkable city. We are a historical port destination with fresh air and stunning UNESCO protected riverfront walks. Our city has more parks than any other UK city outside of London!
2. We are the city with a rich past
Outside of London, Liverpool is the UK city with:
- The most museums
- The most galleries
- The most listed buildings (buildings of historic interest)
Our city is home to Europe’s longest established Chinese community – celebrated with Europe’s largest Chinese arch.
3. We are the city with a vibrant present
In 2018 Liverpool was voted Third-best rated UK destination in TripAdvisor’s Traveller’s Choice Awards.
4. We are a family-run school with a global outlook
Maria McDonnell (left) founded our school in 1999 welcoming students from around the world to her home city of Liverpool. Since then the school has grown to welcome thousands of students every year and with close support from her niece Catherine Hart, Operations Director (centre), Maria continues to lead in the spirit of the school motto: Learn, Succeed, Enjoy.
School Principal Anna Goodband (right) has spent almost a decade leading the school team while championing quality and the highest levels of safeguarding and care for every student enrolled.
5. We are a school committed to quality
As a Junior Summer centre specialising in short stays for learners from all over the world we have been identified by the British Council as providing good pastoral support and in the top 8% of EFL providers in the UK.
6. We are the school with all the space you need
- 25 dedicated classrooms with natural light and ventilation
- Private school garden
- Separate entrance and exit doors
- One-way system through the school
- Private dedicated classrooms & homerooms for groups
- Private office for Group Leader use
7. We offer a private room for all
To ensure all COVID hygiene guidelines are upheld, all 2021 junior students will have single bedrooms with private ensuite bathroom facilities included in their package.
8. We can’t wait to offer you a safe and warm welcome back!
Visit Britain have reviewed our procedures and declared us ‘Good to go’ in recognition that our school has followed government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, ensuring processes are in place to maintain cleanliness and aid social/physical distancing.
As members of Young Learners English UK we are fully committed to following all advice contained in the Covid-19 checklist
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions! See you soon!