Many of our students choose to stay in homestay accommodation with a local host. We have welcoming, friendly and helpful hosts who enjoy sharing their home with international students. Homestay accommodation is a good way to fully immerse yourself in English language and culture. You can experience local English life and learn a lot about Liverpool and the UK by choosing homestay.
We have many different kinds of hosts working with us including families with children, older couples and single people from a variety of different backgrounds. They are all warm and caring people who will make sure you feel safe, comfortable and happy in their home.
If you are thinking about living in homestay, it is important to book early and tell us about your preferences, especially if you have any concerns about diet, smoking, children or pets. Please contact us if you have any medical condition/disability that we should be aware of in order to accommodate you in a homestay that meets your needs. Our dedicated Accommodation Team work closely with over 200 hosts, they will note your preferences and place you in a suitable homestay.
Please note that availability for Summer 2020 is extremely limited and subject to availability.
What to expect
- Your host will be welcoming, friendly and happy to talk to you
- You will have your own room, unless you tell us that you would like to share a room with a friend
- Your room will be safe, clean, comfortable and in a good state of repair
- You will always have access to a bathroom and washing facilities
- You will be provided with healthy, balanced meals
- You will not be placed with another student who speaks your language, unless you tell us that that you would like to stay with a friend from your country
- There will be no more than four students in your homestay
- If you are unhappy with your homestay for any reason you will be moved as soon as possible
- An emergency line is manned 24 hours a day by LSE staff
Location Most of our homestays are situated in the suburbs and are easily accessed by public transport. Journey times vary but are usually around 20-40 minutes. Liverpool has an excellent transport system benefiting from a metro-style train line, efficient buses, and the famous Mersey Ferry. You will be given detailed instructions on how to get to the school and around the city from where you are staying. Your hosts will also make sure that you get to know your local area and how to find the places you want to go.
Meals Our homestay hosts will provide you with breakfast and an evening meal every day. On Sundays, lunch will also be included. This makes your stay as easy as possible whilst also helping to save you money. As part of making your stay as comfortable as possible our hosts are able to cater for extra dietary requirements so please mention this when booking.
Your safety and wellbeing All of our hosts understand the needs of our students and provide a welcoming and safe environment for our students to live in. They have all been visited by the school and have passed security checks. We have a Student Welfare Officer in the school who works closely with our Accommodation Team to support all of our students during their time here. You can go and see them if you want to talk about any personal problems.
Groups We can provide homestays for students who come to the school as a group. For junior students, we always ensure they are in pairs or three in homestays so that they are able to travel together to the school. If you are interested in sending a group please contact our Groups Team (email@example.com) for more information.
Price £155 per week
- Accommodation in a single room (twin rooms are available on request)
- Breakfast and evening meal every day
- Lunch on Sundays
- 24-hour support from our accommodation team
- Summer Supplement: £35 per week (June 7th – August 23rd 2020)
- Accommodation Booking Fee: £60
- Extra Night: £30 (to arrive on Saturday or depart on Sunday [maximum of 2 nights])
- Extra Dietary Requirements: £30 per week
- Late Check-In Fee: £50 (For students arriving between 23:00 and 7:00)
- Refundable Damage Deposit: £50 (Refundable within 14 days after departure subject to satisfactory check-out procedures)
- Travel expenses
Links Please click here for the homestay contract, this includes the school rules and regulations for students staying with a host family. This must be signed on the first day of school.