May 28th – June 25th
September 3rd – October 2nd
Lessons per week: 40+
Lesson Length: 55 Minutes
Levels: Native Speaker/ IELTS 7.0/ Cambridge CPE (CEFR C1+)
Maximum Class Size: 12
Minimum Age: 18
Visa Requirements: Short Term Study, Student or Visitor Visa
The Trinity CertTESOL or Trinity College London Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of other Languages (TESOL) is an internationally recognised teacher training qualification which allows you to become an English language teacher either in the UK or abroad. It has all the elements that schools require when you are looking for your first position as a qualified TESOL teacher. These include over 100 hours of tuition, 6 hours of observed teaching and external moderation. Moderation Day is on the final Saturday of the course.
This course is designed to develop your knowledge and understanding about the process of teaching and learning. Our teacher trainers have extensive teaching experience and have successfully supported many trainees to complete this qualification.
On this course you will learn all of the foundation skills you will need to take up a teaching post such as:
- Understanding the main phonological, lexical and syntactical features of modern English
- Appreciating the needs and motivations of individuals and groups of learners
- Designing and delivering lesson plans
- Evaluating, using and adapting published teaching materials
- Creating your own teaching materials and classroom aid
Included in your fees;
- Course Materials
- External moderation
- Trinity CertTESOL certificate
- Tutorials and support throughout by our expert teacher trainers
- 6 hours of observed teaching
- Sessions on how to find and apply for teaching jobs in the UK and abroad
What is the difference between Trinity CertTESOL and CELTA?
- Both courses teach English as a second (other) language, they just have different examining boards. The examining body for the Trinity CertTESOL is Trinity College London and the examining body for the CELTA is the Cambridge exam board (UCLES). Both courses are internationally recognised and are the only teaching qualifications The British Council will accept in the language schools they accredit in the UK.
Are all “TEFL certificates” the same?
- No. Most reputable schools will ask for a recognised accreditation. The two most popular are the Trinity CertTESOL certificate and the Cambridge CELTA certificate.
Can I do part time work at the same time as the TRINITY CertTESOL course?
- It is not advisable to work during the 4 week intensive course. The amount of work required is considerable. Trainees are expected to attend classes every day from 9:00 – 18:00. As well as input sessions every day, trainees need to complete written assignments, observe peers and experienced teachers and prepare for their own taught lessons.
Do I need to speak another language?
- No. All lessons are taught in English, although some experience of learning another language will help you empathise with your learners.
Do I need previous teaching experience?
- No. Many people taking the course have not taught before, although experience of delivering presentations or any kind of training may be useful.
I don’t live in Liverpool; will the school help me find accommodation?
- Yes, please visit our accommodation pages to find out more.