Getting to Liverpool
The two closest airports to the school are Liverpool John Lennon Airport and Manchester Airport.
Liverpool John Lennon Airport:
If you are flying into one of these airports there are several options to get from the airport to Liverpool city centre.
Transfer (Available from Liverpool and Manchester airports)
This is a simple and easy option for students new to Liverpool. If you book your transfer through us the driver will meet you at the airport and be holding a sign for The Liverpool School of English. They will take you directly to your residence or homestay. You can book this service on your registration form.
Taxi (Available from Liverpool and Manchester airports)
Taxis from both airports are easily available. Prices vary depending on the time of day, location and taxi firm.
Liverpool Airport – accommodation: Approximately £15 – £35
Manchester Airport – accommodation: Approximately £40 – £60
Bus (Available from Liverpool airport)
The Airport 500 bus from Liverpool Airport to Liverpool city centre runs often and the costs about £3-4. Click here for further information from the Arriva bus company website.
Train (Available from Manchester airport)
There are regular trains that take 50-90 minutes. For timetables and ticket costs please click here for further information from the National Rail website. You should search for a train from Manchester Airport to Liverpool Lime Street station.
Coach (Available from Manchester airport)
You can also take a National Express coach to Liverpool City Centre. There is a coach directly from Manchester Airport and you can also find European connections and services from other UK airports. When looking for a coach from Manchester Airport make sure to use the word ‘airport’ so that you bring up the correct search.
Flying into the South of England and Travelling to Liverpool
The major airports in the South of England are Heathrow and Gatwick. Low-cost airlines fly into Stansted. Please follow the links below for further information on these airports.
You can either take a domestic flight from the airport to Liverpool or you can travel on the London Underground to London Euston train station. From there you can get a train to Liverpool Lime Street in 2 hours and 20 minutes. To plan your tube journey on the London Underground to Euston please click here. To plan your train to Liverpool please click here.
For information on how to save money on trains to Liverpool, you can also visit this website: www.railcard.co.uk/cheap-train-tickets-to-liverpool
From January 2021, most international students will enter the UK under one of three principle routes:
- As a visitor if they are studying for less than six months.
- On an 11-month Short-term study visa: this is only available to students taking English language courses of between six and 11 months (we expect this route to be renamed).
- On a Student visa: necessary for students who want to study English for more than 11 months, or any other course type for more than six months.
Any student from a non-visa national country who intends to study English language for less than six months will not need a visa. From 2021, all EU/EEA and Swiss citizens will be non-visa nationals.
You can read more information here: www.gov.uk/apply-to-come-to-the-uk and here: www.gov.uk/guidance/visiting-the-uk-from-1-january-2021
Religion and Faith
We have a prayer room which is open to people of all faiths for prayer, meditation, reading and contemplation.
- Metropolitan Cathedral, Cathedral House, Mount Pleasant, Liverpool, L3 5TQ. 0151 709 9222.
- Liverpool Cathedral, St James’ Mount, Liverpool, L1 7AZ. 0151 709 6271.
- Liverpool Muslim Society Al Rahma Masjid, 29-31 Hatherley Street, Liverpool, L8 2TJ. 0151 709 2560.
- Al Ghazali Multi Cultural Centre, 35 Earle Road, Liverpool, L7 6HA. 0151 734 3843.
- Liverpool Arabic Centre, Tiber Enterprise Facilities, Tiber Street Site, Lodge Lane, Liverpool, L8 0TP. 0151 727 2855.
- Hindu Cultural Organisation Liverpool, 253 Edge Lane, Liverpool, L7 9LB. 0151 538 5442.
- Liverpool Buddhist Centre, Melbourne Buildings, 21 North John Street, Liverpool, L2 5QU. 07932 926 410.
- Princes Road Synagogue, Liverpool Old Hebrew Congregation, Synagogue Chambers, Princes Road, Liverpool, L8 1TG. 0151 709 3431.
Christmas Holidays: Close on 18th December 2020 and re-open on 4th January 2021
Good Friday: 2nd April 2021
Easter Monday: 5th April 2021
Early May Bank Holiday: 3rd May 2021
Spring Bank Holiday: 31st May 2021
Summer Bank Holiday: 30th August 2021
Christmas Holidays: Close on 17th December 2021 and re-open on 4th January 2022