Our IELTS courses are very popular. Many of our students need to take the IELTS test to prove their level of English for study at university. The aim of this course is to fully prepare you for the test so you achieve your best possible result. If you want to combine IELTS preparation with General English, please see our options here.
Our IELTS courses are carefully designed to provide you with the preparation and practice you need to succeed. You will be taught exam techniques and strategies for each of the tasks you will meet in the test. The IELTS test has the following parts:
You will be given a course Ebook for each level that you study at. You will be expected to complete 1-2 hours of homework per day.
The average progress rate of our students varies according to level, ability, determination and the amount of time spent on homework and self-study. Generally we advise 8 – 10 weeks study to increase your IELTS score by 0.5 band.
Included in your fees:
- You can attend our free IELTS practice sessions.
- A short review test and practice test each week.
- Monthly progress tests and progress report.
- 1:1 tutorial with your teacher including an Individual Action Plan.
- Optional Exit Test – compare your placement test results with your exit test results to see how much you have improved.
- Outside the classroom you can use our online learning platform for extra practice.
- You can attend our free support classes for extra practice.
Taking the IELTS Test
Liverpool School of English is not an IELTS test centre. Our students take their IELTS test at a test centre in Manchester (for UKVI) or at The University of Liverpool (Academic or General Training). We will help you book your IELTS test. If you want to study at a UK university, we will be able to provide you with information and advice to help you choose and apply for your university course.
This is a SELT (Secure English Language Test). Non- EU students who are applying for a Tier 4 student visa should take this test. Students applying for university pre-sessional courses will also need to take this IELTS test. This test must be taken at a SELT approved centre. You can take the IELTS UKVI at a test centre in Manchester. This is approximately 1 hour away by train. Information on dates, fees and how to book is here.
Academic IELTS (non-SELT)
This IELTS is accepted by the majority of UK universities. You should however, always check with the university you are planning to study at. You can take the Academic IELTS at the test centre at The University of Liverpool. This is just a short walk from the school. The tests are offered once or twice each month on a Saturday. Information on dates, fees and how to book is here.
|IELTS Preparation 8 (Part-Time)|
|13:00 - 15:00||Language focus: Ways of looking at the future Vocabulary: Adjective/noun collocations||Speaking: IELTS part 3, the future Listening: Section 1, note completion||Reading: Summary completion, multiple choice, short answer questions Vocabulary: Verbs of prediction||Writing IELTS task, comparing data|
|IELTS Preparation 15 (Full-Time)|
|9:00 - 12:00||Vocabulary: Sports Listening: Section 3: multiple choice, note and table completion||Reading: Matching paragraphs, multiple choice Language focus: Adjectives –ing/-ed and prepositions||Speaking: Test parts 2-3: describing a sporting activity you like doing||Writing: Task 1: Selecting and reporting main features of data from a table||Language focus: Word building Unit review and consolidation activities|
|1-8 Weeks||9-12 Weeks||13-23 Weeks||24+ Weeks|
|IELTS Preparation 8 (Part-Time)||£115||£115||£115||£115|
|IELTS Preparation 15 (Full-Time)||£210||£205||£200||£195|
There will be no lessons on the following UK public holidays and there is no discount in fees.
- 2nd April 2021
- 5th April 2021
- 3rd May 2021
- 31st May 2021
- 30th August 2021
- Christmas Holidays:
- Close on 18th December 2020 and re-open on 4th January 2021
- Close on 17th December 2021 and re-open on 4th January 2022
- Registration Fee £60
- Materials Fee 1 – 12 weeks £30 | 13 – 23 weeks £60 | 24 weeks + £90 (Ebooks will be provided)
- CAS Fee £21 (For non-EU students applying for a Student Visa) (subject to change)*
- Courier Fee £75 (For students who require a hard copy of their visa letter for their visa application)*
- Examination Fees (subject to change):
- IELTS (UKVI) £200
- IELTS (Academic or General Training) £160
*these fees are dependent on the type of Visa the student has