The B2 First (formerly known as FCE) certificate demonstrates an upper-intermediate level of English.
Our B2 First course combines General English with examination preparation. The B2 First certificate is recognised internationally by employers, colleges and universities as proof that you can independently use English well enough to live and work in an English speaking country or study on a course taught in English.
The aims of the course are to develop your communicative competence and to prepare you as fully as possible for the examination. You will be expected to complete 1-2 hours of homework per day.
We will guide and support you so that you achieve your best possible result. Our teachers will ensure you know how to approach each question type and have had plenty of practice in each of the exam papers. These are:
- Reading and Use of English
You will complete regular practice tests and receive detailed feedback on your progress from your teacher throughout the course.
Liverpool School of English is a Cambridge exam centre so you can take the exam here at the end of your course. All parts of the exam will take place in the final week of your course. Some examinations take place on a Saturday so you will need to depart on a Sunday.
Included in your fees:
- An exam preparation course book and additional learning materials.
- A short review test and practice test each week.
- Monthly progress tests and progress report.
- 1:1 tutorial with your teacher including an Individual Action Plan.
- Optional Exit Test – compare your placement test results with your exit test results to see how much you have improved.
- Outside the classroom you can use the LSe-Learning online platform for extra practice. This starts from the enrolment date and runs for 6 months (if you are enrolled for more than 6 months the e-learning will run accordingly)
- You can attend up to 3 free support classes per week.
There is a pre-test for these course. If, on arrival, students do not have a level appropriate for their chosen course, they will be offered an alternative course.
When you apply to take a Cambridge Examination course, we will send you a pre-test to check that you are at the right level for the course. If you are unsure of your level and would like to take a quick test to give you a general indication, you can do so here.
Depending on the pre-test result, students may take part of the Cambridge preparation course. Fees would be pro-rata.
|Cambridge B2 First Exam Preparation 2020|
|9:00 - 12:00||Vocabulary, Listening and Speaking||Listening, Speaking and Grammar||Vocabulary, Speaking and Grammar||Pronunciation and Vocabulary||Vocabulary|
|13:00 - 16:00||Reading and Language Development||Listening (Parts 1 + 2) and Speaking (Parts 3 + 4)||Writing (Part 1) and Reading and Use of English (Part 3)||Speaking (Part 2) and Listening (Part 3)||Practical English|
Please note, these are just sample programmes.
|Cambridge B2 First Preparation 2020|
|Price per Course|
|B2 First||£1350 (4 weeks)|
There will be no lessons on the following UK public holidays and there is no discount in fees.
- 10th April
- 13th April
- 8th May
- 25th May
- 31st August
Close on 18th December 2020 and re-open on 4th January 2021.
- Registration Fee £60
- Materials Fee 1 – 12 weeks £30 | 13 – 23 weeks £60 | 24 weeks + £90 (Coursebooks will be provided)
- CAS Fee £21 (For non-EU students applying for a Tier 4 General Student Visa) (subject to change)*
- Courier Fee £75 (For students who require a hard copy of their visa letter for their visa application)*
*these fees are dependent on the type of Visa the student has
- £120 (subject to change/not included)
How long are the lessons?
Lessons last for 55 minutes.
Can I do the course without the exam?
Yes if you want to do the course only that is possible.
I can’t come for the full amount of course weeks, is it still possible to come for some of the course?
Please send us a message to discuss your availability and we can help you with your enquiry.
Is it possible to book the exam only?
Yes, please visit https://mybooking.cambridgeenglish.org for more information.