The aim of our Academic Skills course is to help you prepare you for a university course taught in English. You will increase your academic vocabulary and practise the skills necessary to evaluate, disseminate and produce academic work. You will learn about academic study techniques and develop accuracy and fluency in your speaking and writing. You will become more confident in your understanding and use of academic English and therefore better able to succeed in your chosen university course. Topics and Themes include:
- Academic Style
- Academic Listening (for lectures)
- Language of Presentations
- Academic Vocabulary
- Academic Writing Skills
This course can be studied on its own (6 lessons) or as part of a General English course.
|13:00 - 15:00||Speaking: Useful phrases for presentations.||Writing: Linking words and structure.||Listening: Taking notes and recognising signposting.|
2020 Academic Skills
- £85 per week
This course can also be studied as an elective as part of one of our General English Courses. Please see our General English courses for more information on prices.
There will be no lessons on the following UK public holidays and there is no discount in fees.
- 2nd April 2021
- 5th April 2021
- 3rd May 2021
- 31st May 2021
- 30th August 2021
- Christmas Holidays:
- Close on 18th December 2020 and re-open on 4th January 2021
- Close on 17th December 2021 and re-open on 4th January 2022
- Registration Fee £60
- Materials Fee 1 – 12 weeks £30 | 13 – 23 weeks £60 | 24 weeks + £90 (Ebooks will be provided)
- CAS Fee £21 (For non-EU students applying for a Tier 4 General Student Visa) (subject to change)*
- Courier Fee £75 (For students who require a hard copy of their visa letter for their visa application)*
*these fees are dependent on the type of Visa the student has
I want to study for only 6 hours, but I’m not sure this is the right course for me?
Please see our other specialist courses for more information on other courses available.
I would like to study this course but I also want to prepare for my IELTS exam, is this possible?
Yes you can do our IELTS Preparation & General English course with an afternoon elective.