Semester 1: 29th September - 12th December 2014
Semester 2: 19th January - 17th April 2015
Semester 3: 27th April - 29th May 2015
• Levels: Valid score of 4.5 or above in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) examination or equivalent.
• Average class size 12 students
• Maximum class size 15 students
• Each 3 hour session has a 15 minute break
• Each 2 hour session has a 5 minute break
• Minimum age: 17 years (students aged 17 are required to include a signed statement of parental consent with their application).
Our International Foundation Year Programme is accredited by NCC Education, a global provider of British higher education. It is aimed at international students who wish to study for a degree at university in the UK but who do not yet have the required standard of English language for direct entrance. The course will help learners to improve their general and academic English language ability and introduce them to academic study in English in the areas of business, accounting and economics. The programme will also focus on developing the necessary study skills to help overseas students cope in a UK university environment.
Our International Foundation Year students are invited to apply for the following undergraduate programmes at Liverpool John Moores University:
- BSc (Hons) Accounting and Finance
- BA (Hons) Business and Public Relations
- BSc (Hons) Business Communications
- BA (Hons) Business Management
- BA (Hons) Business Studies
- BA (Hons) Human Resource Management
- BA (Hons) Marketing
For further information on these programmes please visit http://www.ljmu.ac.uk/aps/120066.htm
Our International Foundation Year students are invited to apply for the following undergraduate programmes at The University of Liverpool:
- Accounting and Finance BA (Hons) UCAS code: N400
- Accounting and Finance with a Year in Industry BA (Hons) UCAS code: N401
- Business Economics BA (Hons) UCAS code: LN11
- Business Economics with a Year in Industry BA (Hons) UCAS code: LN12
- Business Studies BA (Hons) UCAS code: N100
- Business Studies with a Year in Industry BA (Hons) UCAS code: N101
- Economics BSc (Hons) UCAS code: L100
- Economics with a Year in Industry BSc (Hons) UCAS code: L101
- International Business BA (Hons) UCAS code: N120
- International Business with a Year in Industry BA (Hons) UCAS code: N121
- Marketing BA (Hons) UCAS code: N500
- Marketing with a Year in Industry BA (Hons) UCAS code: N501
For further information on these programmes please visit http://www.liv.ac.uk/management/programmes/undergraduate/
On successful completion of the course at The Liverpool School of English students will also be able to apply to one of the 40 UK universities which accept students from the IFY programme. For a list of these universities, please follow this link: http://www.nccedu.com/media/381055/university%20progression.pdf
The pass mark is 40% in each module. Some universities may, however, require a pass mark of 60% for entrance to a particular degree programme.
To complete the programme students must study and pass eight modules. There are six core modules:
- Developing English Language Skills
- Advanced English Language Skills
- English for Academic Purposes
- Study and Communication Skills
- Culture studies
- Foundation Mathematics
There are a further two subject modules:
- Introduction to Accounting and Economics
- Introduction to Business
A further non-assessed, optional Introduction to IELTS module is also available. Course materials will cost £150.
Assessment will be in the form of course assignments and end of module examinations.
To be considered for the IFY programme applicants must:
- be at least 17 years of age
- have successfully completed senior high school or equivalent in their own country
- have achieved a valid score of 4.5 or above in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) examination or equivalent. *applicants for the intensive programme should have a score of 5
If you have any further questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Why study with us?
- Small class sizes
- Personal tutor to ensure you successfully achieve your goals
- High level of personal and academic support which ensures you will be fully prepared and confident when starting your chosen degree course at university
- Fantastic nationality mix
- Highly qualified and experienced teachers
- Excellent value for money
- We also have FREE support classes for all of our students to enhance your learning
"Thank you for your attention, in the time I spent with you I gained lots and lots. I will now complete an undergraduate degree at Liverpool John Moores University. It is close to the school so I can see you again! Thank you."
"I applied for a degree in Development Studies that will start in September and 80% of the lessons will be in English. I hoped that I would improve my English and that I would be more confident and I achieved my goals."