Here at the Liverpool School of English we offer a variety of exam qualification classes so that you can find a course suitable for you. Our Trinity Integrated Skills in English (ISE) course has been carefully designed by our experienced Academic Team to help you achieve your goals.
The qualification is a multi-skills language exam for students who need to learn and use English in their studies and later for employment. The ISE is also available as a Secure English Language Test (SELT) for those who require an English language qualification for UK visa purposes. The ISE has two integrated modules: Speaking & Listening and Reading & Writing and our course will focus on your development of these skills. There is an emphasis on functional, real-life language as well as on developing your academic study skills.
Our teachers use specialist course materials which give you practice in all of the ISE exam tasks and in the techniques and strategies that you will need for the exam.
Exam dates are fixed throughout the year so please contact us if you plan to take the test during your stay.
|Trinity ISE (Integrated Skills Exam)|
|9am - 12pm||Writing: Question and task analysis (Task 4 — Extended writing). Vocabulary: Festivals and events.||Vocabulary: Functional language. Reading: Summarise and paraphrase ideas from reading texts.||Speaking: Brainstorming topics. Vocabulary: Expressing opinions.||Listening: For factual information and explicitly stated ideas.||Speaking: Pronunciation. Practice exam.|
|1pm - 3pm||Writing: Proofreading and error correction.||Reading: Using context to deduce meaning.||Reading: (Task 3 — Reading into writing).|
Trinity ISE (Integrated Skills Exam)
- All course books and materials (students studying 1-4 weeks will receive a loan book)
- International Student Insurance
- Access to the LSe-Learning online platform to keep developing your skills outside the classroom. This is valid for one year from the start of the course
- Access to our fantastic Social Programme (please see page for prices)
- Access to a wide range of free support classes (maximum 3 per week)
- Certificate of Attendance on completion of the course
Extra Course Fees:
- Registration Fee £50
- Exam Fee £120 (subject to change)
- CAS Fee (For non-EU students applying for a Tier 4 General Student Visa) £21 (subject to change) *
- Courier Fee £75 (For students who require a hard copy of their visa letter for their visa application) *
* these fees are dependent on the type of Visa the student has
What level is the ISE exam?
The ISE exam is available at five levels (A2-C1)
Will I take an exam in all four components?
You can take the reading and writing exam and the speaking and listening exam together or at different times when you feel ready
How long is the exam?
The reading and writing paper is 2 hours. The speaking and listening paper is 13 – 25 minutes depending on the level
What result will I get?
Your certificate will show a separate result for each of the four components. You will also receive a report for your performance in each skill. Only when both modules are passed at the same level, will you receive an ISE qualification
What is the speaking exam like?
The speaking component is a one to one discussion with an examiner. Candidates can choose and prepare their own discussion topic
Where can I take the exam?
The nearest approved test centre is Manchester