This skills-based course is designed for students who need to use English at work in the tourism, hospitality and travel industries. It is suitable for students who are currently working or are preparing to work within this field. There is a focus on industry-specific vocabulary and practical phrases. The core language skills are developed through a wide range of work-related tasks. We include realistic and integrated communication tasks which give students the opportunity to build confidence and improve fluency.
Topics and themes include:
- Tourism types
- Careers in tourism and hospitality
- Tourism marketing
- Events management
- Leisure and tourism
- Tourism and culture
- Managing difficult situations
- Checking in at hotels and airports
This course can be studied on its own (6 lessons) or as part of a General English course.
|English for Tourism & Hospitality|
|1pm - 3pm||Vocabulary: Airport language.||Speaking and Listening: Handling complaints.||Writing: Tourism Marketing.|
I want to study for only 6 hours, but I’m not sure this is the right course for me?
I would like to study this course but I also want to prepare for my IELTS exam, is this possible?
Yes you can do our IELTS Preparation + General English (Full-Time) course with an afternoon elective
English for Tourism & Hospitality
- £75 per week
This course can also be studied as an elective as part of one of our General English Courses. Please see our General English courses for more information on prices.
- All course books and materials (students studying 1-4 weeks will receive a loan book)
- International Student Insurance
- Access to the LSe-Learning online platform to keep developing your skills outside the classroom. This is valid for one year from the start of the course
- Access to our fantastic Social Programme (please see page for prices)
- Access to a wide range of free support classes (maximum 3 per week)
- Certificate of Attendance on completion of the course
Extra Course Fees:
- Registration Fee £50
- CAS Fee (For non-EU students applying for a Tier 4 General Student Visa) £21 (subject to change) *
- Courier Fee £75 (For students who require a hard copy of their visa letter for their visa application) *
*these fees are dependent on the type of Visa the student has
There will be no lessons on the following UK public holidays and there is no discount in fees:
- 14 April 2017
- 17 April 2017
- 1 May 2017
- 29 May 2017
- 28 August 2017