Our English for Business course aims to develop your confidence when using English in workplace situations. This business themed course is ideal for students who are currently preparing for their future career. It provides practical business language skills for a wide range of industries. Students learn through the communicative approach and practise the target language through a mix of business scenarios including meetings, presentations and negotiations. There is a focus on practical vocabulary and phrases for communicating in the international workplace.
We address key issues for companies and workers such as how to stay competitive or offer good customer service. Topics and themes include:
- Giving presentations
- Meetings and discussions
- Writing and responding to emails
- Reading and writing reports
- Problem solving
This course can be studied on its own (6 lessons) or as part of a General English course.
|English For Business|
|1pm - 3pm||Speaking and listening: Formal introductions. Reading: Job descriptions.||Speaking and listening: Persuading people to do things. Writing - Being direct and indirect.||Speaking and listening: Answering the phone. Vocabulary: Formal and Informal telephone English.|
English in the Workplace
- £75 per week
This course can also be studied as an elective as part of one of our General English Courses. Please see our General English courses for more information on prices.
- All course books and materials (students studying 1-4 weeks will receive a loan book)
- International Student Insurance
- Access to the LSe-Learning online platform to keep developing your skills outside the classroom. This is valid for one year from the start of the course.
- Access to our fantastic Social Programme (please see page for prices)
- Access to a wide range of free support classes (maximum 3 per week)
- Certificate of Attendance on completion of the course
Extra Course Fees:
- Registration Fee £50
- CAS Fee (For non-EU students applying for a Tier 4 General Student Visa) £21 (subject to change) *
- Courier Fee £75 (For students who require a hard copy of their visa letter for their visa application) *
*these fees are dependent on the type of Visa the student has
There will be no lessons on the following UK public holidays and there is no discount in fees:
- 14 April 2017
- 17 April 2017
- 1 May 2017
- 29 May 2017
- 28 August 2017
I want to study for only 6 hours, but I do not know if this is the right course for me?
I would like to study this course but I also want to prepare for my IELTS exam, is this possible?
Yes you can do our IELTS Preparation + General English (Full-Time) course with an afternoon elective
I’m currently working within a business environment and have a lot of experience in this area, is this the right course for me?
We offer a Business English course which is specially tailored for professionals
I’m interested in doing this course but also gaining some work experience whilst I’m in Liverpool, is this possible?
Yes. If you are from a country in the EU, we offer a Work Experience programme at The Liverpool School of English