This aim of our Communication skills course is to develop your practical English language skills. It is an extension of General English with an emphasis on speaking, listening and vocabulary development. Each week you will explore a different topic which has been carefully chosen by teachers based on the needs of the students in the class. Lessons include activities focusing on real-life situations to increase your confidence when communicating in English.
Topics and themes include:
- Travel and Holidays
- Work and careers
- Free time
- Health and wellbeing
- Food and drink
- Friends and family
This course can be studied on its own (6 lessons) or as part of a General English course.
|1pm - 3pm||Speaking: Discussing newspaper articles. Reading: Newspaper reports.||Vocabulary: Law and order. Speaking: Talking about films.||Vocabulary: Compound nouns. Listening: Dialogues involving driving problems. Speaking: Discussing advantages and disadvantages.|
- £75 per week
This course can also be studied as an elective as part of one of our General English Courses. Please see our General English courses for more information on prices.
- All course books and materials (students studying 1-4 weeks will receive a loan book)
- International Student Insurance
- Access to the LSe-Learning online platform to keep developing your skills outside the classroom. This is valid for one year from the start of the course
- Access to our fantastic Social Programme (please see page for prices)
- Access to a wide range of free support classes (maximum 3 per week)
- Certificate of Attendance on completion of the course
Extra Course Fees:
- Registration Fee £50
- CAS Fee (For non-EU students applying for a Tier 4 General Student Visa) £21 (subject to change) *
- Courier Fee £75 (For students who require a hard copy of their visa letter for their visa application) *
*these fees are dependent on the type of Visa the student has
There will be no lessons on the following UK public holidays and there is no discount in fees:
- 14 April 2017
- 17 April 2017
- 1 May 2017
- 29 May 2017
- 28 August 2017
I want to study for only 6 hours, but I do not know if this is the right course for me?
I want to study this course but I also want to prepare for my IELTS exam, is this possible?
Yes you can do our IELTS Preparation + General English (Full-Time) course with an afternoon elective