If you’re a teacher of English from primary, secondary or adult schools or other forms of education then our Cambridge TKT course is the right move for you. On this course you will learn advanced language awareness and theories and develop professionally through discussions and reflection on your own teaching methods.
The TKT course is split into three modules:
- Module 1 – Language and background to language learning and teaching
- Module 2 – Lesson planning and use of resources for language teaching
- Module 3 – Managing the teaching and learning process
Our TKT course covers important components of teaching such as:
- Language and background to language learning
- Lesson planning and use of resources
- Managing the teaching and learning process
- Methodology and techniques
- Cambridge TKT examination practice
On the last day of the course you have the opportunity to take The University of Cambridge Teaching Knowledge Test (TKT).
We can offer this course at other times for groups of 10 or more students. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Please contact our teacher trainers to find out more firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Cambridge TKT (Teacher Knowledge Test)|
|9am - 12pm||Induction and course outline with school orientation. TKT: Pre-course tasks / terminology for lexis.||CPD: Observation of LSE teachers.||CPD: Music in the classroom. TKT: Presentation techniques & Introductory activities.||CPD: Observation of LSE teachers.||TKT: Assessment types and tasks. Phonology sounds and phonemic chart.|
|1pm - 6pm||TKT: Differences between L1 and L2. Approaches to Language teaching.||TKT: Learner needs and motivations. Learner characteristics.||TKT: Teaching functions.||TKT: Teaching speaking. Teaching phonology and phonemes.||TKT: Teaching writing. CPD: Technology in the classroom.|
Cambridge TKT (Teacher Knowledge Test)
- £285 per week
- All course books and materials
- International Student Insurance
- Access to our fantastic Social Programme (please see page for prices)
- Certificate of Attendance on completion of the course
Extra Course Fees:
- Registration Fee £50
- The examination fees are £30 per module (subject to change)
- CAS Fee (For non-EU students applying for a Tier 4 General Student Visa) £21 (subject to change) *
- Courier Fee £75 (For students who require a hard copy of their visa letter for their visa application) *
*these fees are dependent on the type of Visa the student has
Do I have to take the exam at the end of the course?
No, you can just complete the course and still receive a certificate of attendance from the school. The course is quite centred on the exam so we do recommend it
Do you cover all 3 modules of the TKT exam?
We cover modules 1+2 in depth and recommend taking both exam modules; we can provide self-study materials for Module 3 and about 50% of teachers on the course take all 3 exam modules
Is there a practical teaching element to the course?
No, you do not have to teach any lessons on the course
Do you focus ONLY on passing the TKT-CLIL exam?
No, we also have CPD (Continuing Professional Development) sessions on the course which are related to other aspects of teaching, for example using music or technology in the classroom. There are also observations of teachers here at the school to take ideas from to promote discussion and analysis of teaching techniques
Is the course suitable for Erasmus+ funding?
Yes, the school is registered with Erasmus+ and we have a PIC number. Please see our funding page for more details