The aim of our Academic Skills course is to help you prepare you for a university course taught in English. You will increase your academic vocabulary and practise the skills necessary to evaluate, disseminate and produce academic work. You will learn about academic study techniques and develop accuracy and fluency in your speaking and writing. You will become more confident in your understanding and use of academic English and therefore better able to succeed in your chosen university course. Topics and Themes include:
- Academic Style
- Academic Listening (for lectures)
- Language of Presentations
- Academic Vocabulary
- Academic Writing Skills
This course can be studied on its own (6 lessons) or as part of a General English course.
|1pm - 3pm||Speaking: Useful phrases for presentations.||Writing: Linking words and structure.||Listening: Taking notes and recognising signposting.|
- £75 per week
This course can also be studied as an elective as part of one of our General English Courses. Please see our General English courses for more information on prices.
- All course books and materials (students studying 1-4 weeks will receive a loan book)
- International Student Insurance
- Access to the LSe-Learning online platform to keep developing your skills outside the classroom. This is valid for one year from the start of the course
- Access to our fantastic Social Programme (please see page for prices)
- All General English, Examination and Work Experience Courses include up to 3 free support classes per week
- Certificate of Attendance on completion of the course
Extra Course Fees:
- Registration Fee £50
- CAS Fee (For non-EU students applying for a Tier 4 General Student Visa) £21 (subject to change) *
- Courier Fee £75 (For students who require a hard copy of their visa letter for their visa application) *
*these fees are dependent on the type of Visa the student has
There will be no lessons on the following UK public holidays and there is no discount in fees:
- 14 April 2017
- 17 April 2017
- 1 May 2017
- 29 May 2017
- 28 August 2017
I want to study for only 6 hours, but I’m not sure this is the right course for me?
I would like to study this course but I also want to prepare for my IELTS exam, is this possible?
Yes you can do our IELTS Preparation & General English course with an afternoon elective